The holidays are upon us. The holidays bring us plenty of hustle and bustle, gatherings with family and friends, office parties and plenty of opportunities for us to get worn down and possibly sick. We have provided 5 tips that can help combat fatigue during a very busy time of year.
Should you get worn down and sickness settles in, Piedmont Urgent Care is open every day from 8AM – 8PM every day with walk-in availability. Christmas Eve, December 24th will follow 8AM – 8PM schedule. Christmas Day, December 25th, PUC will be open from 10AM – 4PM.
- EXERCISE: The last thing you may feel like doing when you’re tired is exercising. But many studies show that physical activity boosts energy levels.
- YOGA: Although almost any exercise is good, yoga may be especially effective for boosting energy. After six weeks of once-a-week yoga classes, volunteers in a British study reported improvements in clear-mindedness, energy, and confidence.
- EAT MORE FISH: Good for your heart, omega-3 oils may also boost alertness.
- EAT FREQUENT SMALL MEALS: Some people may benefit by eating smaller meals more frequently during the day. This may help to steady your blood sugar level.
- DRINK PLENTY OF WATER: Dehydration zaps energy and impairs physical performance.
From Everyone at Piedmont Family Practice and Piedmont Urgent Care, we wish you and your family a most blessed holiday season!